Sunday 9 October 2016

Session 2 - Pose to Pose Analysis



For this animation, I used a rig that I found online and I decided to animate a small scene. For this, I decided to follow a tutorial on how we (animators) should be animating our scenes. Typically, I used to animate by just animating what I saw and did the animation as I went along. After following a tutorial on how to do posing/staging, I gave this method a try. So far I can safely say that this method of staging/blocking our character is something I will start doing. 

For the first part of the video, I simply blocked out the characters movements and use the principle of exaggeration to give the actions more ‘life’. For the second part of the animation, I then sorted out the spacing. This allowed me to visualise how fast/slow the animation would be going. Timing is often a very big issue since sometimes animations can either be too fast or too slow so getting the timing right from the start can save a lot of time.

For the final part of the animation, I went onto to adjusting the f-curves. This was the most tedious and most time consuming part since I had to adjust a lot of keyframe’s and offset them at different times so when I selected all my controllers, the timeline was just full of red markings which often leads to a messy timeline. This I try to avoid but it is definitely something I can improve on. I feel as if it this method of animation will help me when it comes to animating my actual project. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEz7TslI-fs - Link to the tutorial used.

No comments:

Post a Comment